Sunday, July 13, 2008

Shopping

This morning we went to church. Tony took Joshua in to his class since he's missed 2 weeks, from having the hand,foot,mouth disease, and he still cries when we leave him. They are usually short handed, so by one of us staying in the class helps out. Sarah loves to go to her class and has never had a problem. Since I didn't need many groceries today and I wanted to get some savings I did my shopping at Genuardi's this morning (I normally shop at Giant). I really don't like Genuardi's, the store is small and the prices are higher. I went in search of these little booklets that had coupons in them, particularly $0.50 Kleenex coupons. Of course I couln't find them. I ended up spending $37.00 and getting a $10.00 coupon for my next order. I noticed the cashiers had the booklets at their registers and the lady gave me 2 of them on my way out. Luckily a friend dropped 8 more booklets off to me on her way to the store. After Joshua's nap we went to the Disney Store since they are having 50% off sale tags. I transferred 50 reward points to my rewards card so I had $50.00 to spend. I bought Sarah and Joshua swim suits and sun glasses for next year. I got Sarah a Princess beach towel and Joshua a Cars beach towel. I got Sarah two princess dresses for her Belle doll(like a barbie doll) for Christmas. I bought us each a T-shirt since they were $2.99 and Joshua a Cars tank top for next summer. I got Sarah a Princess cell phone and Joshua a Buzz Lightyear one for $0.99 each for their stockings at Christmas. I used my rewards card and spent less than $8.00. Then we went to another Genuardi's so we could buy Kleenex since I now had ten $0.50 coupons. We bought 10 boxes of Kleenex(200 count), 2 boxes of Special K cereal, 2 Peter Pan peanut butters and a thing of oreos. I used my $10.00 off from this morning and we spent under $5.00 and got another $10.00 off for our next order. My friend found more books at another store and dropped them off to me. I'll be sending Tony back tomorrow to buy 25 boxes of Kleenex, which should be under $4.00 when we use our $10 off from this afternoon and we'll get a $20.00 coupon for our next order. With the Kleenex we already have in the garage we should have 40+ boxes of Kleenex and should be stocked for the winter. I think I'm getting a hang at this grocery savings thing (with the help of my friend of course).

No comments: