Tuesday, June 8, 2010

May 2010

Field Day at Sarah's school. I took Joshua, Aiden and Owen so we could join in.
Joshua is in the tye-dye shirt and Aiden in the yellow shorts.
Joshua and Aiden just wanted to play on the playground. It was hot and they are wet after playing a game with the fourth graders and Jessica (Aiden and Owen's mom). Getting ready to attack the fourth graders(Jessica is beside Joshua).
Joashua and Aiden joined in with Sarah's class.
Fun Fair at Sarah's school. I took Joshua and Owen to join in. Jessica took Owen back to her classroom while we played games.
Joshua trys Cotton Candy at a church fair and doesn't like it.
Sarah trys cotton candy at the church fair and LOVES it.
Aiden and Joshua at a local playground.
Owen
Joshua and Sarah love Owen.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Hi
I just read your comment on No hands but ours and wanted to comment to you about your mention of sensory issues.
I too have a son who just doesnt fit. He spent 4 years in foster care, has medical issues and behavioural issues. I had him in school for a term at the beginning of this year and pulled him out at the end of that term as the teacher just didnt treat him the way I believe children should be treated.
Since I have taken hiim out of school and homeschooled him, I realized that there was more going on than just 'post foster care" and I looked on a site about Sensory processing disorder. I found a check list and bingo - there was my boy - a classic sensory seeker with some sensory avoidance behaviours. I started the book "out of sync child" and there are chapters written about him. I got him into OT with SPD as the focus and as we left after our first session, his grateful voice brought tears to my eyes "Thank you mummy for bringing me to Amanda (OT)". For the first time he felt like someone is listening to him and his body and doing stuff with him that clicks.
Im not sure if the above can help but i wanted to share - just in case. It has helped us soo much and I am truly grateful for this workable diagnosis.
Joyce
(IF you want to email me you can at drmomjoyce@hotmail.com